Websites are the New Yellow Pages
If you are reading this, chances are pretty good that your web site may need some updating or redesigning. Remember when you used to turn to the Yellow Pages to find a business when you needed one? When was the last time you used a phone book? Years ago, you were in good shape if you simply had a website. Now web sites are the main source of marketing and there's a lot of competition out there.
5 Signs That Your Website is Not Working For Your Business
If you are wondering if your web site is not working for your business, here are 5 clues that you need to make some updates:
- You have poor Google Analytics reports. If you have low search engine rankings, a high bounce rate, low time spent on your site, and low average page views, then there is huge room for improvement on your website.
- You have recently changed the branding of your company. If you have a new company logo and/or color scheme, you definitely need to update your website to your new look. Consistent branding across all of your marketing materials encourages brand loyalty and sets you apart from your competitors. Your customers will see your professionalism and have a higher trust and value in your business.
- It's hard for you to make simple updates on your website. You do not need to be an expert web developer or run and call your web person every time you need to make a small change. It can even be as simple as changing a price or a phone number. DeCarlo Studios uses the Joomla CMS (content management system) and we make sure our customers are in control of their own websites and can make minor changes and updates if they choose to do so.
- Your website looks old and outdated. Your website should be continually updated with new and relevant information for your customers. It should have new photos and information about your products and services. It should be clean, well organized and visually pleasing. Not only does a current website look great, a continually updated website also increases Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Your website visitors aren't converting. Maybe people are visiting your website, but your phone isn't ringing with new business. It isn't enough these days to simply have a website with basic information about your business and a way to contact you. It has to be a marketing funnel, full of detailed information that your customers are seeking. You need to be helping them solve their problems, earning their trust, and proving that you are the best in your field. It needs to be active, engaging and have a variety of social media, blogs and e-newsletters.
Yes, I Do Need a Website Update … Now What?
So you have determined that you do need some updates made to your website, or maybe you need a website redesign. You want to have full control of your site and the ability to handle minor updates on your own. Or maybe you know that you need to improve your site, but aren't sure just where to start. DeCarlo Studios is here to help! Call us for a free, no obligation consultation and we can help you turn your website into a marketing machine!