Take the Fear and Procrastination Away – Start Your Business Blog Today!
Starting a business blog can seem daunting. Here's an article to help take the fear and procrastination away and to help you get started! Because a business blog is a valuable marketing channel. It establishes you as an expert in your field and brings traffic and leads to your website. Businesses that blog get 67% more leads per month than those that don't, and blogs affect a buyer's purchasing decisions. A business blog will help you earn your website visitor's trust by showcasing your expertise and helping them solve their problems. Let's walk through the fundamentals of a business blog and show a few ideas to help you get started.
Why Does Your Business Need a Blog?
- Business blogging helps with SEO.
- Blogs position you as a thought leader.
- Blogs lead customers to "Calls to Actions".
What Factors are Important in a Blog Post?
Simply blogging will not automatically transform your site into a marketing machine. You need to meet certain criteria to benefit from your efforts:
- Frequency: The more blogs that you post, the more indexed pages you create for search engines. And businesses that blog 16-20 times per month get twice the leads and traffic than those who post 4 times a month.
- Keywords: What keywords do you want to rank well for on your website? Take those keywords and write blogs about them. Make sure that your blog titles are optimized as well.
- Calls to Action: Blogs should lead to Calls to Actions, to capture your leads and help your customers take the next step in the buying process. They can be banners or ads in the sidebar, or hyperlinks to offers.
How to Generate Blog Content
This is actually one of the questions that we are often asked – you are not alone if you are intimidated by the thought of having to generate blog content on a regular basis.
- Repackage: Take some of your internal content or communications and repurpose it for your blog. It's a perfect starting point to showcase your company. Consult with your customer service department and find out what types of questions they are asked on a daily basis. Blogs can answer these questions.
- Brainstorm: Start a brainstorming session. Write down every idea that comes to mind (even if it is outlandish). Let others build off of the ideas and add to the list. The idea is to keep creativity flowing, and then go back to your list and narrow it down for more concrete ideas.
- Guest Bloggers: Invite other experts to do a guest blog on your website. Look through your existing network. Check out college students who are looking to get experience. Invite trusted professionals in related fields to share their knowledge. Guest bloggers gain exposure for their writing and it helps them rank well in search engines.
Keep Your Blog Posts Organized
Use a calendar to keep track of your blog posts. Schedule them out a month or so in advance so that you are always prepared and can create a good balance of blog stories. If there is breaking news that you want to write about in a time-sensitive manner, move your articles around to accommodate this or leave room for such additions weekly. It's always important to be flexible in your schedule....